Recipe Name: Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk or 1 can coconut cream chilled overnight
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place a large mixing bowl into the freezer for about 10 minutes to chill prior to use.
- Remove coconut milk can from fridge, turn upside down and open it. Drain the coconut water off and scoop out the thickened white cream and place it into your chilled bowl or stand mixer bowl.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat on high for 2 minutes until creamy and soft peaks form. Add in the maple syrup and vanilla extract and continue to beat for an additional minute until fluffy and thickened.
Recipe Name: Oil-Free Granola
Mix the following in a large bowl and set aside:
- 7 cups old-fashioned oat flakes
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup unsweetened desiccated or shredded coconut
- 1 cup sliced raw almonds (or nut of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon flax or chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
Blend the following in a blender until creamy:
- ¾ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pour blended liquid over dry ingredients in bowl.
- Spread evenly on a nonstick baking tray or tray lined with parchment.
- Bake at 295 F, for 1-2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
Recipe Name: Multigrain Pancakes, Waffles, or Crepes
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup unbleached white flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup almond, soy, or other non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup canola oil or applesauce
- 1 tablespoon honey or another sweetener
- Mix dry ingredients together in medium bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate smaller bowl. Combine dry and wet.
- For pancakes: Scoop 1/3 cup batter onto hot skillet or griddle. Cook each side until golden brown each side. For waffles: Pour ½ cup onto waffle iron and bake 6-7 minutes. Enjoy with fresh fruit or fruit sauce
Recipe Name: Tofu Scramble
- 2 packages or 1lb extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red/green bell peppers, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 cloves diced garlic
- 5 cups spinach
- ½-1 teaspoon garlic salt or regular salt
- Heat oil in skillet or pan. Add onions and garlic, cook until onions are soft.
- While onions cook, drain, dry, and crumble tofu into skillet or pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet or pan.
- Cook additional 10-20 minutes. Enjoy with whole wheat toast or hash browns.
Recipe Name: Overnight Steel-Cut Oats
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 4 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 2-3 Tbsp. cane sugar or brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt/salt to taste
- Rinse steel cut oats. Spray crock pot with any cooking oil to avoid oats sticking to edges. Add all other ingredients then stir with a whisk to break up chia seeds and dissolve coconut oils clumps.
- To cook overnight, set crockpot to the low heat setting. The oatmeal will be warm and ready to eat in the morning. Can cook up to 8 hrs.; will have more of a bit to it if cooked no more than 5 hours. Top with walnuts and sliced apples or any fruit and nuts of your choice!
- Other grains this recipe could work with: barley, kamut, and whole oat berries.
Recipe Name: Herby Breakfast Potatoes
- 7-10 small-medium potatoes (red or yellow skinned)
- 2 Tbsp. Oil (olive, canola, or grapeseed oil)
- 1 ½ - 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- ½ tsp. sage
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- Wash potatoes and cube into ½ inch pieces. Place in a bowl and stir to coat with 2 Tbsp. of oil of your choice.
- Mix all herbs in another small bowl then stir mixture into potatoes.
- Bake at 425o for about 30-40 minutes, stirring after 15 min. Check with a fork too see if potatoes are cooked through after 30 min.